Dear church family:
You, like so many others, have probably been watching the news and concerned about COVID-19, also known as the Coronavirus.
As a church, we, too, have been monitoring everything that is happening. Please note that we are doing our best to respond as wisely as possible. The health and safety of each person who enters our church is top priority for our pastors and leadership team.
As we all consider our response, we believe that there are a few things we should all be aware of for our individual response.
The Bible teaches in Proverbs 27:12, "The prudent person anticipates danger and takes precautions."
We are all called to be wise in our response to problems like COVID-19. Some ways you can show wisdom and prudence in your personal response are:
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
2. Bring your own hand sanitizer and use it frequently.
3. Stay home and take care of yourself if you sneeze, cough, have a fever, or have traveled to a high-risk area.
4. Staying home or wearing a face mask if you have a compromised immune system.
5. Covering your sneeze or cough with a tissue or arm.
6. Not taking offense when others around you prefer to avoid hugs and handshakes. Instead, take the opportunity to find unique and fun ways to greet each other. Aerial fist bumps and elbow taps are a good start.
7. For the elderly and others who know they cannot attend church, remember that you can always view services and give online on our website, which is NJerusalem.com.
We will continue to follow the guidelines of the US Center for Disease Control (CDC).
We will continue to do our best to respond wisely, but we will not fear and continue to trust God.
Currently, we plan to have Spanish service as normal on Sunday at 10am and English service on Sunday at 11:45am.
If we make the decision to change the service on Sunday, we will communicate the changes through our website, church app on smart devices, Facebook and Instagram accounts.
We believe what Psalm 121: 7-8 says, that “The Lord will protect you from all harm. He will watch over your life, the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever". We trust that God will watch over our coming and going as we gather for the worship service this Sunday.
WEDNESDAY NIGHTS @ 7PM
There is a group for everyone! Women's, Men's, Student Ministries & Children's groups are in both English and Spanish.
College/Career - Ages 18-22 - meet every Wednesday. Call for info on location (813) 684-2754
Singles' - Ages 23 and up - meet the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month. Call for info on location (813) 684-2754
Peter & Mimi Martinez
Our Mission Statement:
Our purpose as the church is to restore and connect people to Christ.